Flower Wall Quilt Project Sheet
Using June Tailor® Inkjet Printable Freezer Paper
Finished Quilt Size: 20” Square
June Tailor® Inkjet Printable Freezer Paper
Computer and Inkjet Printer
Two each 9” square fabrics in 4 pastel colors for quarter-square
Dark Purple fabric
-One - 8” x 16” piece for appliqué Piece 1
-Twelve - 7-1/2” x 1-1/4” sashing strips
Dark teal fabric
-One - 8” x 20” piece for appliqué Piece 2 & 3
-One - 6” x 12” piece for appliqué Piece 4
Dark Green fabric
-One - 8” x 12” piece for appliqué Piece 5 & 6
-Nine - 1-1/4” squares for setting squares
Light green border fabric
-Two - 16-1/4” x 2” strips
-Two - 19-3/4” x 2” strips
Backing fabric: 20” square
Batting: 20” square
Binding: 2-2/3 yards
Thread to match
Use 1/4” seam allowances for all sewing.
• Using the 9” square pastel fabrics, create 4 quarter-square
triangle blocks. Trim blocks to 7-1/2”
• Open the “Pattern Pieces” document (above) on your
computer. Test print the pattern pieces on a sheet of paper to make sure
they are the correct size. Piece 1 should measure 7” across.
• Remove all paper from your inkjet printer. Place one sheet of
June Tailor® Inkjet Printable Freezer Paper into your printer so
that printing appears on the paper side, not the shiny side of the sheet.
• Print normal quality, plain paper setting. Allow 5 seconds for
ink to dry.
• Trim the 6 pattern pieces from the printed freezer paper sheets.
• For Piece 1 (the main purple flower), iron the pattern on the
back side of the fabric. Cut fabric 1/4” from the edge of the pattern.
Snip curves. Spray starch the fabric around the pattern. Use a cotton
swab to apply starch if so desired. Press the 1/4” seam allowance
onto the pattern. When cool, remove the pattern piece. This pattern piece
may be used multiple times.
• Position completed appliqué right side up on quarter-square
triangle block as pictured in the “Block Layout” document
(above). Sew appliqué to block, stitching very closely to the
• For Pieces 2 & 3, layer two dark teal pieces of fabric, right
sides together. Iron pattern to wrong side of one piece of layered fabric
and cut through both layers 1/4”
from edge of pattern. Stitch together the two layered pieces of fabric
close to the pattern edge. Clip curves and remove the freezer paper pattern.
This pattern may be used multiple times. Cut a slit, approximately 1/2” long,
lengthwise, in the center of one layer of fabric. Turn appliqué
right side out and press. Position, slit side down, on the quilt block
with first appliqué piece in place. Using the “Stitching
Diagram” (above), sew appliqués pieces in place. Press appliqués
toward stitching to create dimension.
• Follow the Pieces instructions for Pieces 2 and 3 to complete
Pieces 4 through 6.
• Complete all four blocks in the same manner.
• Following the “Quilt Diagram” document (above), sew
two sets of sashing strips and appliqué
blocks according to diagram. (Figure 1)
• Sew three sashing strip and setting square sets according to
diagram. (Figure 2)
• Sew sashing strip and square sets to tops and bottoms of sashing
and appliqué block sets to complete quilt center. (Figure 3)
• Sew 16-1/4” border strips to sides of quilt center.
• Sew 19-3/4” border strips to top and bottom of quilt center
• Layer completed quilt top, batting and backing fabric and pin baste
Quilt as desired and bind.